For my first ever Daily Create, I chose to create a sound map of my town. This is my first time using either Audacity or Soundcloud.
I had a busy day running errands, so instead of walking around in nature recording sounds, I recorded myself in the car, talking on my cellphone. The audio is me leaving the house, jumping in the car, trying to find anything interesting on the radio – a feat in itself because out in the country we don’t have great reception – and then talking on the cellphone in French with my doctor’s secretary to arrange for me to stop by and pick up a prescription.
- don’t talk on the cellphone and drive at the same time
- there’s nothing good on French radio
- Audacity doesn’t like the .amr format of my cellphone’s recorded audio. I used Pazera file converter to remedy that.
- I used the Noise Removal thingy hoping that it would reduce the noise spikes, which it seems to have done… but I think that the track is now compressed and less intelligable during the bit where I’m speaking on the phone.
- I need to find some cover art. I don’t like seeing my big-ass picture down below filling up the SoundCloud embeded media of my homework.